StoryFutures Academy Development Funding is designed to support creative practitioners taking part in StoryFutures Academy training initiatives, to put their skills into practice and take their first steps in creating immersive (VR/AR/MR) experiences. The funding also aims to generate opportunities for StoryFutures Academy to do meaningful audience insight research via qualitative or quantitative engagement with the content produced, which can inform practitioners in future.
There are two categories of funding available:
- Kickstart funding – up to £10,000– to support early-stage project research and development, and the creation of immersive proof of concepts across AR, VR, and MR platforms. This fund is open only to creators who have participated in StoryFutures Academy training programmes, and are looking to put their new skills into practice and take their next practical steps in developing an immersive project.
The current call is now open. Applications for Kickstart funding close on December 15th 2019 at midnight.Apply for Kickstart Funding
- Production Booster funding – up to £20,000 – to support more advanced projects that are entering or already in production, which already have significant project funding/resource attached to them, and which offer important learning opportunities which can be fed back into the StoryFutures Academy programme. Priority is given to projects that have come through StoryFutures Academy training programmes, however, at our discretion, we may consider UK-based projects coming from elsewhere, which offer these opportunities. Priority is also given to those which offer on-the-job learning opportunities for those from the screen industries (film, television and games).
This call is now closed. To be the first to know when we open our next round of application, express your interest above.
StoryFutures Academy will run several Development Funding calls throughout the lifetime of the programme, which may be open or themed.
We expect to support a set of approximately three to five projects per call with a range of budgets within these brackets.
In addition to funding, all recipients will also have access to a variety of StoryFutures Academy support and resources for the duration of the development period, which includes:
- Access to Immersive Lab equipment/resources
- Access to expertise in the field of Audience Research, from Royal Holloway University of London
- Access to industry mentorship, where appropriate