Accessing R&D Funding
This webinar provides an overview of innovation funding opportunities and guidance on how to make successful funding applications.
About this event:
UK funders are increasingly looking to support innovation collaborations between industry and academics. This session provides an overview of funding opportunities from Innovate UK and research councils and provides insights on making successful applications.
This event provided a unique chance to hear from experts with significant experience in public innovation funding:
- Fiona Kilkelly, Immersive Tech Industry Specialist & founder Immerse UK
- Chris Daley, Royal Holloway’s funding development manager, and
- Prof Mark Lycett, Director of Research Funding for Royal Holloway’s School of Management.
The session covered:
- Approach to funding industry-academic R&D collaborations by Innovate UK and UK research councils such as AHRC, ESRC and EPSRC
- Key current opportunities of interest to the StoryFutures network
- Tips for making successful applications and common mistakes to avoid