StoryFutures Academy Announces Second Kickstart Funding Call
StoryFutures Academy has launched a new call for proposals for immersive prototypes. After the success of last year’s programme which funded 7 projects, the call aims to give creatives who have attended a StoryFutures Academy workshop or introductory lab, the chance to further their knowledge and get stuck into making a new piece of content with a grant of up to £10,000.
Creative leads need to pair up with an immersive producer (with at least one immersive credit to their name) and identify other key collaborators (creative technologists, sound designers, animators etc) to deliver their project by the end of June 2021.
Kickstart is open to any AR, VR, MR or immersive audio project. Last year, the funded projects were:
- ‘Violence’, a 6DoF VR experience that premiered at Tribeca Film Festival. By director Shola Amoo and producer Eleanor Whitley
- 'Echoes of Crystal Palace', an immersive AR audio app that brings to life a historical location - by Andrew Lancaster and Jessie Mangum
- ‘Nudge’, a two-player VR collaborative game by Grace Baird
- ‘Burning Room’, a comedy-horror VR prototype by Jon Aird and scriptwriter Jeremy Dyson
- ‘Fireworks’, a VR trailer by Paul Franklin and Annalise Davies
- 'Death by Misadventure', a 360 documentary prototype about loss and memory by Steven Lake
- ‘The Young and the Dopeness’, an AR prototype by Nosa Eke
Despite a challenging year of remote working, all the projects managed to develop new ways of working to deliver their prototypes and are looking at ways of developing these projects further.
The ‘creative lead’ must have attended a StoryFutures Academy programme (excluding Masterclasses) in order to apply and must have an Immersive Producer (that can be a producer, director, writer or creative developer) attached to the project at the time of applying who has at least one immersive credit.
For other criteria and guidelines please see the full details of the call below.
Call closes February 4th 2021, midnight.